Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fun on the Course

Well, it's official...this last Friday was the most fun I have had making a fool of myself, ever. I went golfing (And no, I don't mean mini golf...that I have done more times than I could count) for the first time in my life, and had an absolute blast. Actually, I did a bit better than I thought I would, which is definitely an encouragement to go out there again! A sweet couple from church invited us to go with them, and I was able to share her clubs.

Funny story: We were golfing at the course in their senior community, so there are a few rules to keep everyone happy. One of which was no children aloud on the golf course...you must be 18 or older. One dear gentleman felt the need to yell that rule at me across the course. "No kids are allowed here," he yelled, "You have to be 18 to play here!". Oh.....how funny, but not unexpected. We make it to about the 5th hole when a security vehicle pulls up to us on the course....sure enough, a woman who was golfing phoned it in that "Oh, my! A child is on the course!" The security guard got quite a chuckle out of it, and apologized for the inconvenience. Next time, Laura and Steve said they would make me a shirt that says in BIG BOLD LETTERS, "I AM OVER 18 YRS. OLD". Haha....I'm still chuckling.

Anyways...can't wait to go again! Aaron said we could go to the driving range for our next date. Yeah! :)

7 comments:

Sandy said...

THAT was hilarious!!! Remember this in about 20 or so years when it will REALLY encourage you!! :)

Seriously, I am impressed. You go, girl!! :) I am NEVER going to hear the end of this now from your Father now, you know!!!

Laura said...

Glad you had a good time! Funny about your age : D
I call it "big golfing" and I've never had a chance to try it..maybe one of these days...

Fenway Park "er" said...

Kim

Loved your post. Did I ever tell you that when I was 8 years old I went to a park that said "All children 5 & under must be accompanied by a parent." They kicked me out of the park because my Mom wasn't with me ... and the park supervisor didn't believe I was 8. My Mom was so ticked that she went back to the park and gave the supervisor a piece of her mind.

Kristin said...

Kimberly...that is so stinking funny! :) I can't wait to tell Bryan!!!

Kristin said...

Bryan wants to know what you golfed?!:)

The Johnson Family said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. What a beautiful day. :)

Unknown said...

Very funny. Next time come with daughter on your hip. That'll shock 'em.

Grandma Janet