Wednesday, July 1, 2009

In This You GREATLY Rejoice

Well...I promised I would post a picture of Linnea inside my tummy and outside my tummy, so here they are! Sorry about the magnets...I took a picture of the ultrasound picture while it was on the fridge :) As you can see, that is her blurry face (I think she looks like a Parker :)...well, ok...I guess you can't really tell) and her foot is covering her mouth and nose. If you look closely, you can see what I think are three of her fingers below what I think is the umbilical cord.

32 Weeks Old!

This was taken in March...lol, and I thought I had a belly THEN!

Now THIS is a belly! :) 7 more weeks (give or take some) to go!
God has been SO gracious in sustaining me! I don't usually sleep well, so it's quite easy to start my day off somewhat depressed after a long night of tossing and turning...BUT, I know that is NOT how I am to start my days nor continue in them. I decided to take a little detour from Romans yesterday morning, and read in 1 Peter. This is what the Lord reminded me of!

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls."

Should the salvation of my soul not cause me to rejoice EVERY morning!? And even every moment I lie awake at night?? He saved ME according to his great mercy, and I have so much hope! Who am I to wake up and start complaining?...about anything! So...as you can see God graciously gave me a little kick in the pants and a great encouragement that could not have come at a more appropriate time. The cross of Christ and the hope of seeing Him some day gives us so much to rejoice in, and I am ashamed at how often I live in a "me" world and forget this GREAT truth and His GREAT love!

May we never stop rejoicing!

5 comments:

Heather Francis said...

awww kim it is great to hear how you and baby linnea are doing! You look super cute and sound super excited for this little bundle of joy to be brought into the world. Praying tons for you and aaron as you start this new adventure in life. I will e-mail you sometime to catch up! Love you girl -Heather

For His Glory said...

Ahhh YES! What a beautiful reminder for my own heart Kim...May I rejoice not in my circumstance, but in my soul's salvation and in my Savior! Love the pics :)

The Pichura Family said...

Thanks for the pictures, Kimmy!
You look FANTASTIC!!!! :)
Love you!! And thanks for sharing the reminder from God's Word that we ALL need to hear every day!!!

crystal said...

aww yeah!!thank you Kim for the pictures of your baby girl and your belly!You look really good Kim!Thank you for the truth of Gods word.
love Crystal

Paul said...

My sweet sister. I saw you but for a moment when you visited the great state of Washington (and Oregon), but I am glad I just took the time to read up on your blog. I was royally behind (no pun intended, o.k. maybe it was). Miss ya sis and am so glad to hear all about what God is teaching you and Aaron. I am terrible with due dates, so please let me know again. Thanks girl!