Saturday, June 27, 2009

Great Time Away!!

Well...it's the middle of the night right now...and no, I don't do this on purpose! :) One joy of pregnancy for me has been many nights of broken sleep. Having to go potty, can't find a comfortable position, hungry, thirsty (which is really bad because then I have to go potty even more!)...I'm sure if you have any children you have probably been there! :)

So! I thought I would update you on a wonderful trip. Resolved was absolutely AMAZING! There were truths I learned from the scriptures that weekend that I have never known or realized, and I would love to go into a little more detail, but I shall save that for another time if I get the chance. I will tell you one thing though that I am very excited about! After having three days straight of solid, passionate preaching from the Word, Aaron and I decided we would like to start listening to more sermons habitually. So, as a start we are making Wednesday night a "Sermon Night." We started with John Piper's message "What is the Recession For?" which gave us MANY things to talk about for the rest of the night, and to chew on and pray over for the weeks and months to come. It was also greatly convicted us in our heart priorities. I would highly recommend it for those of you who are not very busy (that was a joke:)), even if and maybe even more so if the recession has not hugely affected your financial situation. You can listen to it here. Grab your husband (if you have one), and make a Sermon Date out of it!

After Resolved we had a wonderful time in Arizona with family! We went bowling, shopping, swimming....played games, and just enjoyed being with His family. It was quite refreshing! Here are just a few photos!

Aaron was taking this one...

We played knock-out in the pool and on dry ground, and I think I lost every time! :)

We celebrated father's day early at a very yummy restaurant....AND the waiter brought us out a free desert sampler at the end....mmmmm, it was tasty!

Well, I think my daughter is now resting after running a marathon...you should have seen my stomach moving a few minutes ago!!! And I think it's time I try and go back to sleep...I guess my side-profile belly shot and pictures of our sweet daughter's face (with her foot covering her nose and mouth) will have to wait for another day. ;) Her foot is up there because she is in the breech position...so PLEASE pray with me that she flips! I spent a whole day worrying about it, and knew that is NOT the response the Lord wants me to have, nor does it do me any good. I am not to worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself! And God is totally sovereign over what position my baby is in. She still has wiggle room to move, too.

Alright...I'm checking out and going to bed. Sweet dreams for the present and have a blessed Saturday!!


2 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

Oh, my dear sweet sister...I love reading what you write..because I can SO picture you actually sitting next to me sharing these things with me! :) Not at 4 in the morning, though! :) tee-hee

Thanks for the update...and thanks for the reminder about "sermon date night"! That has slipped to the wayside in our home...and I would whole heartedly agree with you in the beautiful value of it!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For His Glory said...

Love that idea of sermon night, maybe we might do that as a "family night"!