Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thank You Grandma!

Well....Grandma has gone :( and the house feels quite empty. Linnea really misses her, too. Especially when I was giving Aaron a haircut and Linnea cried for her half the time! Yes....we miss you grandma!

But I sincerely want to say thank you for all you wonderful help, and not to mention wonderful mother/daughter time (and I suppose son-in-law time, too :)). It was SO fun just having you here to talk to and be with, and then to share with us the moment our daughter came into the world and her first few days of life. The house looks immaculate thanks to your hard work, and the dishes are piling up faster now that you are gone. And we now have keys to our closet dooe thanks to you! :P Thanks for all the fun laughs and for letting me win Ticket to Ride a few times :). Thanks for holding Linnea when she was especially fussy. Thanks for being such a wonderful grandma to our little one.

Mom, you truly are a living example of a godly mother and have raised me to love the Lord, so that I would one day want to raise my daughter in the same manner. I praise God for you in so many ways! I would be overjoyed to be able to follow in your footsteps by the grace of God. I love you mom!

...Linnea pooped really loud during our photo shoot....it was really funny :) (look at her face)

I think she is smiling....precious

snuggle time with Grandma


We miss you mom...and can't wait to see you and everyone else in a couple of months. We love you!

4 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

Aww..I got all teary eyed reading!!!
I am so glad mom got to be with you...nothing beats having mom around!!! She is truly one of our lives biggest blessings!

The Johnson Family said...

amen to that!

Fenway Park "er" said...

Thanks Grandma for coming back home to take care of your pathetic husband. While you were away blessing Aaron, Kim and Linnea, I was home losing things, ruining meals, folding laundry with wrinkles still in the clothes, and praying you would come back to take care of me. You are such a special lady and I'm thankful you were able to bless Kim with your presence. But, honestly, i am very thankful you were willing to come home to ME!

Love you, Bruce

For His Glory said...

ha ha..I had to laugh at your dad's comment :) So sweet! What a sweet blessing to have your mom there for the birth of your "first" baby (notice I say first as if you were gonna have more...ha ha) Something tells me you coming from a large family, you're not done!! Enjoy her and savor the moments. I love every stage and season the Lord blesses me with, they each come a new set of joys...