Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Already Dead

Well, to be honest, I was quite excited to have time to write a post today, but now that I have actually gotten around to it, I'm pretty worn out. So, this won't be a very long post (so I say), but I still want to show you some updated pics and share a tidbit from Bible Study this morning.

We are going through the book "Changed Into His Image" and it has been fantastic! The book is about sanctification and becoming more like Christ. The study today was on justification- our position in Christ. I think it amazes me every day that I stand as holy and righteous as Christ before a just God. Christ's blood on the cross is what justified me, and Christ's blood on the cross is what is sanctifying me.

What struck me big time today is one quote our pastor said (he was our guest speaker in our ladies' Bible study today :)) It was something he said he tells himself when he is struggling with sin...he tells himself "Christ has already died for this sin and PUT IT TO DEATH. Therefore, I do not have to give into this sin! I won't give into this sin, for it doesn't have any power over me!" I know it sounds a little crazy, but in my mind it totally made sense! To think about the fact that Christ's death has paid for all my past sins AND all the sins I will ever commit amazes me! So the next time I am struggling with a bad attitude I just can't seem to kick, I need to remember that sin is no longer my master. I need to remember that the power lies within me (the Holy Spirit Himself!!!) to overcome the sin. When I feel defeated by a sin, I need to remember that Christ has already won the victory!!

Well, as you can see above, our beautiful daughter has started smiling! I got the first smile from her when I was getting her ready for church two Sundays ago (I know, I'm sorry I didn't post a picture sooner), and it just melted my heart. Don't worry...Daddy has gotten lots of smiles too! Her are some more pics!

All warm and cozy after bathtime

This is Dr. Frields, who delivered both my daughter and I! :)
He said she is a "Gerber baby"...he was really precious with her, so apparently he still loves babies after all these years! I think we woke her up for this picture, which is what the chubby look is for...haha

Big yawn (well, actually it is a small one for her ;))
Hanging out with Daddy after dinner on the patio
Yes, she is getting very big!!!
Linnea recently found her fist and enjoys sucking it and slobbering all over it! I know, I know, we are definitely new parents to think that our child sucking on her fist is the most adorable thing ever! :P



Romans 6:8-14

"Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him. For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.


Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace."

5 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

Keep it coming dear sister...both what you are learning and all the pictures!!!!!

I can't wait to get my hands on my precious little niece!!!!! :)

LOVED the video of her sucking her hand...it's just so fun to see her in movement!!!

I have been feeling the same sweet joy, too, over what it means to be found IN CHRIST. I have known the truths for so long, but it feels like it has penetrated my heart even deeper this time around...the beauty of what it means to have God see His son, Christ, when He looks at me! Praise the Lord!!!

The Pichura Family said...

Oh...and I forgot to mention what a skinny minny you are!!! You are looking GREAT!!!! I loved the taking the picture in the mirror idea!

Beth said...

she is such a cutie. I loved all of the pictures. I also like your hair long as well. I liked it short too, but it looks cute long also. Hope to see you guys at church on Sunday :)

For His Glory said...

Kim! Loved what you shared about our sin being put to death, it's almost like kinowing it (really knowing it) gives you the encouragement to all the more put it to death by the power of the Holy Spirit! Thank you so much for the much needed reminder. It's so neat to hear how God is working in your life Kim!!

And Linnea is beautiful, I bet you have to stop and refrain yourself from just eating her up to pieces all the time!!!

Becky said...

Kim I love the pictures of Linnea! What a beautiful family you have. And i'm thankful for your encouraging posts :) It's fun to learn along with you... enjoy your day! Miss you :)