Monday, October 12, 2009

Fun and Frustration

This past week was a sweet blessing from the Lord, as I got to spend the majority of it with my dearest friend from Woodland, California(where I went to high school), Desiree. We haven't seen each other since my wedding, so it has been quite some time! She came to visit during her fall break at school, and I was so blessed for the wonderful fellowship and her servant's heart. She came on her break, and yet was more than willing to help out in any way! Thank you Desiree! I think we have officially scared her away from having kids for quite some time after she is married :). I'm sure she has heard enough crying to last at least a few years!

That last statement might surprise you, but our poor daughter has cried more this last week than she ever has before!! I praise the Lord that Desiree was here to help in the midst of a busy week with some church activities, and it also forced me to persevere through my daughter's crying with a good attitude...although, I can promise my attitude was not always good.

Linnea's crying wasn't just normal fussiness, because she cried during her feedings and wouldn't eat nearly as much as she used to. I was pretty sure it was gas, but I was not sure how to help her. I also thought of foods that I may have eaten that may have caused problems, but I couldn't think of anything different that I had been eating. She has gotten better over the last 24 hours, and I think I just figured out today what the problem is from good ole' googling! I knew she was swallowing air while she eats, which I figured may have been causing some of the gas, and apparently that is probably the problem. My milk comes out too fast for her to handle. Anyways, I shall spare you the details, but praise the Lord I think we are on the right track to helping her. We have her two month appt. this Thursday, so we'll see if the doctor knows something we don't!

I think one of the hardest things so far about mothering is knowing your daughter is uncomfortable and not knowing why and being unable to help her. It is heart-wrenching and frustrating. I caught myself sinning in anger so many times. I would take my anger out on my poor daughter who couldn't help herself, but I think I was really angry at the Lord for giving me a problem (NOT my daughter, but her discomfort) I couldn't fix. I found myself asking for forgiveness time and time again, and then getting even more frustrated that I kept sinning in anger. I realize that when I don't purpose to renew my mind with truth, preach to myself verses that are applicable, and replace my anger with trust and reliance (since that is what the Lord wants to teach me through hard situations), I inevitably repeat my sin. So may I lay aside my sin, be renewed in my mind with the pure truth from the Word, and put on the righteousness of Christ!

...and I had to post this one because it is too cute and funny! Aaron and I went to the hot tub and put her in this "body bag" (Aaron says that is a morbid thought) to keep her warm outside.

3 comments:

Kimiko said...

Thanks for sharing your heart. Sorry you had such a difficult week with Linnea. :( And we loved sleep sacks (that's what we call them and sounds much better than "body bag"!) when Hannah was little! Didn't have to worry about a blanket coming off of her in the middle of the night!

The Pichura Family said...

LOVED the pictures! And thanks for being transparent...it's amazing how quick anger can creep up...been fighting it today myself!!!!

LOVE YOU SWEET SISTER...keep preaching to yourself!!!!!

For His Glory said...

Kimberly, children, you will find, are one of God's ways of "refining" us as mothers. Let me tell you! Things you never KNEW were buried in that heart will be revealed to you in His time :) I am in the refining process now myself...hee hee