Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Today Aaron and I are celebrating a whole two years of marriage! I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but I feel as though we have been married many, many more. I feel like I know Aaron so well, and yet I am always learning new things about him. I realize more and more that I will always be "studying" my husband, because for as long as we live, there will always be more to learn!

My homework for this week in Creative Counterpart came at the perfect time! I was asked to write down all the positive things I could think of about my husband. Now this is no easy task, because I feel like the list could go on and on forever! I am everyday amazed at the Lord's work in my husband's life! I feel he is the sweetest, most sacrificial, servant-hearted husband one could ever have! (And he is married to me!) And what is most precious is the fact that he is all that he is to me because of the Lord's work in His life. All the good I see in Him is like a reflection of Christ to me. What a special gift to have the greatest example of Christ to me living in my home!

No...he isn't perfect and he has his faults...we all most certainly do, but the grace of God shines ever brighter through those! "But where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." To be honest, I feel like I struggle with my own faults more than my husbands. I feel like I let him down in so many ways and I often let the burden of my sin weigh me down...but this is NOT what God wants for me! Grace has already reigned and is still reigning! He has paid for my sins, and it is His righteousness that clothes me!
That was a little detour...sorry. To sum things up, I think the most beautiful part of marriage (and there are many!) is the amazing picture of the gospel it is...and I see the beauty of this picture more and more...the more I'm forgiven by Aaron and the more I forgive him; the more he strives to love me unconditionally and the more I do the same; the more he leads me and the more I submit; the more he gives up his own "rights" and desires and the more I give up mine (well, I should anyway) ....and those are just some of the ways I see the gospel!

"Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord.For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless. So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself; for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church, because we are members of His body. for this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and shall be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church. Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband." ~Ephesians 5:22-33~

Thank you my Love...for two wonderful years of marriage and for loving me the way you do...I love you!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Anniversary you two. You're an awesome couple who encourages those around you. We're glad we have friends like you. Here's to 2x50 more years!!

For His Glory said...

Hey you! happy Anniversary! You guys make a beautiful couple :)

I got your comment about posting a "how to" coupon shop?? I suppose I need to really do some breaking down, so I promise to take a minute this week to try and share how I've personally been doing it...You will love it (or maybe hate it :) ) I want as many people to know as possible because you can't believe how much you can save out there!! All this time I've been wasting soooo much $ that could have been used in more useful ways, but I suppose I just need to be thankful I know now :) Actually your sister in law Kimiko really helped me out in a lot of ways too...She's awesome at finding some great deals!