Monday, February 23, 2009

A Blessed Weekend

God is so gracious in giving His children just what they need at the right time! I felt like this weekend was a gift from the Lord--- It was restful, yet eventful, and Sunday's messages were incredibly encouraging...and of course, convicting too ;)

On Friday evening we had a small singing group from Chile at our church. They are with the organization Friendship International and are spreading the gospel in their country through music and other arts. It was a very neat cultural experience and worshipful music! It was interesting trying to communicate with them, since a good number spoke very little english, but their joy and sacrifice in serving was evident for all to see. That is my prayer...I hope that even when the gopsel isn't said in words, it shows through my demeanor and actions.

On Saturday morning, Aaron played his second soccor game with the intermural sports at TMC. It's a joy to see my husband have a blast doing something he really enjoys....but it isn't so much a joy to see him get hurt! The poor guy pulled his hamstring before the second half, and lets just say his walking wasn't quite natural. I must admit I supressed no laughter at seeing my husband wobble like a penguin and maneuver his way up our stairs. :) Anyways he is doing much better as of today and walking with only a little limp! Praise the Lord!


On Saturday evening we were given the privelege of being a part of my brother's father in law's birthday (Harry Fujita :)) And had a good time eating yummy food at a restaurant and then delicious ice cream cake that Kimiko made!

Hannah is enjoying flying way up high in Uncle Aaron's arms

...And her neck is very ticklish!!

Harry is enjoying his his free ice cream sundae I think just a little too much! :)


And to top the weekend off, I didn't feel sick when I woke up Sunday morning, which was the first in a long time! I was VERY thankful to God. Our pastor preached on Our Immutable God!Here are some things that greatly encouraged me!

While everything around us is changing and deteriorating, our God remains the same! (Psalm 102) God's Character never changes- He has always been perfect, holy, forgiving, loving, self-sufficient, and He always will be! His Purposes Never change- "The cousel of the Lord stands forver, The plans of His heart from generation to generation!" (Psalm33:11) Every good gift is from the Lord, and really, everything He gives us is ultimately for our good....with Him "there is no variation or shifting shadow. In the exercise of His will He brought us forth by the word of truth, so that we would be a kind of first fruits among his creatures." (James 1:17-18) This is God's purpose for us...to be His children who should glorify Him in all that we do to show the world who our perfect creator is. And guess what?!? His purpose and promises never change! Our God is truly a great God!

Who am I then, to question or complain when God sends hard things my way? If I know his purpose of continually making me like His son remains the same, then ALL things God gives me are great things indeed!

2 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

I love it!!!! I love reading all that is going on in your life and to see pictures to go with it all is the best!!! How cool that Aaron has joined in on some soccer fun. I can't wait, Lord willing, for Samuel and Caleb to get to kick around a soccer ball with their uncle!!! :)
Thanks too, for sharing some of the message. What a solid rock we stand on when we stand on our Savior!!!
Love you dear sister...and praying that you still start to be more sickness free with each passing day!

For His Glory said...

Awe, poor hubby! What fun pics thanks for sharing your very profitable weekend! I loved what you said about even when there are language barriers that we hope others might still see Christ...We are in that situation everday, in public, parks, stores etc...Thanks for sharing your heart!