Saturday, May 23, 2009

"Busy"ness is all too easy!

As much as I would love to be a regular blogger, other things seem to keep me from doing so! This past week we had a college student staying with us who used my computer to finish up a big school. It truly amazes me what life fills itself with....husband, family, people, cleaning, cooking, babysitting, organizing, sewing (yes! for me anyways...time is running short and I apparently have committed myself :P to making the baby bedding, accessories, ets.), sleeping, excercising, etc.

And to think that the Lord should permeate my thoughts in and through all those things. That's a hard thing to do and I must admit I fail miserably! That's why His Word needs to come first and foremost above all those things I listed above. The more I hide God's Word in my heart, then prayerfully the easier it will be not to sin and to dwell on glorifying the Lord. Please pray for me as I seek to rise early to meditate on God's Word. If I don't rise early, then it is so hard to keep my mind focused on the Lord and not on all the "tasks" that need to get done each day.

I still have one more post I would like to write concerning the hospitality retreat, but that is still going to have to wait due to much tiredness at the moment. I do want to say one thing before I go, though, and that is how thankful I am for the best friend the Lord gave me, and the joy I get from serving and being with him. Yes, that would be my husband! I am leaving to visit family this week, and that usually means precious time with my husband before we seperate (one of his unsaid "rules", and one that I greatly cherrish) So...thank you Aaron Douglas Johnson...for loving me when I don't deserve it...for sacrificing your own desires to meat my own...for pointing me to the cross...for listening and prying...for being such a fun person to be around...for telling my growing belly is beautiful...for flirting with me day after day. I love you!!!

0 comments: