Friday, May 8, 2009

Catching Up...

Whew....what a whirlwing of a month. These past few weeks have been busy, but I suppose that was an answer from the Lord to my prayer. I asked Him to give me opportunities to serve and things to do during the week as I was trying to live life again after being sick! Well...He doesn't mess around! :)

I am not a consistent blogger (yet...it may happen someday) so it would be disasterous to try and catch you up on everything, but I will do a quick fastforward through these past few weeks, just so I can start with with a fresh slate!

I left off with Easter...that week I began to feel sick, but the Lord was gracious in holding that off for the week, as my husband and I got to take our first mini vacation away...just the two of us!!! Yeah! What a blessing of time away from life, resting, and having wonderful conversations about the Lord and life. I went to Sea World for the first time, and we had a blast! Here are some pics to show you some of the fun things (although pictures never do justice) we did at Sea World.
Aaron and I got to feed the stingrays! They have rubbery soft skin and eat by sucking in water with the food! It felt funny!
This sea lion swam across a swimming pool and jumped over a rope above the swimming pool...all while balancing this ball!
The whale shows where by far my favorite. Amazing what God created these mammals to do!!
The man dissapeared with the whale under the water...this is how they reappeared!
Aaron holding a startfish :)

After Sand Diego, my cold(flu) came on strong....then it turned into a very soar throat and painful cough. I'm sure some of you if not all of you have had your share of sickness during these months. It's an interesting thing...having so much you want to get done just around the house, and at the end of your day, only a few things can get crossed off the list. That is how I felt for two weeks straight, and it was incredibly humbling. Praise the Lord my husband was sympathetic and new I was doing my best. A lot of the energy I did have went towards planning the music for our church women's retreat, which was last weekend.

I wouldn't have made it through last week if it wasn't for the sweet assurance of God's sovereignty! I knew that being sick, not being able to sing well, and feeling feverish and exhausted was exactely what the Lord wanted to give me for the women's retreat. I myself couldn't have picked a worst time, but the Lord saw it to be the best! And it's not hard to see why. God has been teaching me contentment in ALL circumstances, and apparently isn't done teaching me that. He is teaching me that his grace is sufficient and that He is my true source of strength. It was a couple days before I started to feel better, but I am definitely recovered, minus a lingering cough.
We babysat Fri-Sat of this weekend, and then celebrated my first Mother's Day today. I never would have thought to do so, but my husband said I am most surely a mother! It was really sweet and made me ever more thankful for his constant love and care for me!
We have picked out a name for our sweet little baby GIRL (Yes!! It's a girl!) and we were going to keep the name a secret, but have since decided that is pointless for two people who don't really like keeping secrets! :) So, I will let you know the name once I know all my family knows.
Alright, well this is quite a long update, so I will wrap it up now! More to come on the topic of the women's retreat! It was incredibly convicting and eye opening. The topic was Biblical Hospitality- The Joy of Serving Others. Did you know that "practicing hospitality" in scripture means "pursuing the love of strangers," not just entertaining your friends from church!? This is just one of many new things I learned, and I will share much more in the days to come.
Romans 12:10-13
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love, give preference to one another in honor; not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer, contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality.
(sorry for all the spacing wierdness....I tried to fix it many times, but my computer has a mind of its own)

0 comments: