Monday, September 7, 2009

3 Weeks Old!!!

Wow...I can't believe she is already three weeks old. On one hand, it seems like she has been here for so long, and on the other, it seems like she was just born the other day!

It's amazing how much time and energy it takes to take care of a newborn...which in my mind sounds so silly, because I feel like all I do is feed her, burp her, change her diaper and change her clothes, but I know there is more to it then that (don't worry, I do just spend time with her and love on her!)...or maybe those things take more time than it seams. I am realizing being a wife AND and a mom is going to be a little more challenging than I thought! Praise the Lord she didn't come out of the womb crawling or walking! Yikes! We will cross that road when we get there :). I was telling someone at church that I guess you learn as you go, because if I am going to serve my husband and have more children someday, then I am going to have to intake a lot of wisdom! She wholeheartedly agreed!

Speaking of wisdom...I'm realizing how easy it is to skip my time with the Lord...that sounds so horrible, doesn't it!? It brings tears to my eyes just thinking that I would want to do that to my Savior! I guess want is a strong word, but it some senses, it is true! I don't necessarily want to miss time with HIM...gleaning oh so needed wisdom from His Word, praising Him, and laying my burdens and others' burdens at His feet. But the sad thing is, is that I often want to get OTHER things done more. I feel like I'm letting my husband down by not being able to clean like I used to and serve him in many different ways. I plan on starting to make dinners tomorrow (the Lord has blessed us with many meals from the church), so we will see how that goes :). But my husband would tell you that he wants my priority above all to be the Lord, and so do I! Time with the Lord should be the most precious part of my day...it's ridiculous that I actually pass that up sometimes!

Anyways, I don't know why I think I can be a wife and a mother on my own, because I can't. So I most definitely need to be leaning on my Savior for strength and guidance and growing in Him daily! So...you are more than welcome to pray for me if you think of it...I would truly appreciate it! And you are also more than welcome to keep me accountable. :)

One thing you should know is that I am still absolutely loving being a mommy! I feel no matter how much sleep I get I am still often tired, but it's definitely worth it. She is growing up (and out! :)) so fast! I stepped on the scale today with and without her to see how much she ways, and she ways 8 1/2 pounds!! I still can't believe some babies come out as big as her!! :) And of course she is still the cutest little girl I have ever seen in my life :). It's ok, I'm not offended if you don't agree (which if you have any daughters you probably shouldn't).

AND THANK YOU GRAMMY for coming to visit and cooking and doing the dishes and making coffee, and babysitting, etc. etc.!! I know this thank you is delayed, but that is because you left and all the sudden life got so much busier! :) We were SO GLAD you were able to come out in the midst of a crazy schedule and we absolutely loved having you! I promise I will do my best to keep posting pictures and some videos to keep all the family updated as she grows. The videos aren't too exciting yet, but hopefully they are still enjoyable :).

sleeping is what Linnea did best in Grammy's arms :)


4 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

Oh, dear sister!!! Thank you SO MUCH for the update...for your honesty about your struggles, your desire to be accountable in what matters most and the precious video of my dear niece!!! I cannot wait to show the kids..especially Grace...in the morning!

Love you and praying for you my sweet sister!!!

Sandy said...

Thank you, precious girl for sharing your heart with us all. I can well remember the challenges of keeping my priorities in order. I certainly failed often as a young mom, so I was, and still am SO thankful for the Lord's grace,love, faithfulness, mercy and forgiveness. And for my husband's, as well. I know that I often allowed my time taking care of you all to steal time with God and your precious dad! He(Dad)has shown me more grace, mercy and forgiveness than I deserve, as well, in the process of life together showing me the heart of God in his love for me. I love you and am praying for you!! XOXOXO

Sandy said...

I forgot to say "THANK YOU!!" for the precious video and the photos with "Grammy"!! I am so glad that you were able to find a bow that fits her precious little head! :) Please give her some kisses and snuggles for me!

crystal said...

AWW KIM SHE IS SO PRESIOUS THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR HEART AS A MOMMY AND WIFE!!I think I can relate with you