Sunday, February 14, 2010

Linnea Joy...a GREAT Joy!!

Linnea Joy has found her feet!!!!
Well...I realize it has been a while since I have posted some recent pictures and videos of Linnea, so here they are for everyone who is wondering what Linnea even looks like anymore :).

She is growing up oh so fast! She just started eating cereal about two weeks ago, and is loving it! And since she started, I have seen much improvement in her napping. I am so thankful to say that she is doing great during her naps! (for the most part)...praise the Lord! I have a better video of her eating and Aaron feeding her, but I think it was too big to download :( But this gives you a little taste of the fun of trying to keep her FOCUSED! :)

She loves to play in her exersaucer, unless I leave the room that is...She pretty much throws a fit when I leave the room...even if it is the kitchen, where she can EASILY see me from the living room. I guess she needs a full body view of me to feel like I haven't completely abandoned her...silly girl! She is quite attached to me, also...not a big fan of people that are not mommy and daddy...hopefully she will grow out of that stage soon! Haha, and I used to think that babies who didn't want to be held by anyone but their parents were spoiled...another error in my judgement (Well...I think Daddy spoils her, but I don't think I am as kind ;)).

She has also just started sitting up all by herself!!! I can't believe it! She is becoming such a big girl! She definitely still needs my supervision, but she plunges forward and falls backward less and less with each passing day!


Honestly, it is such a joy to see her grow and do so many new things. Sometimes I wish I could go back to when she was tiny and cuddle with her, but she brings so much more joy with each new day, and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

I must admit though that my little girl's sin is becoming more and more evident. Her high pitched scream that says "I'm not happy" is not going to make life go well with her...that's for sure. It frightens me a bit at how quickly time is going and how quickly the discipline stage is coming (if it isn't already here yet!). It's already causing me to be on my knees in prayer and to be in the Word studying so that I may be a Word-filled teacher to my daughter. One of the biggest blessings of having a child is the motivation it has given me to intimately know the Scriptures. The LAST thing I want to do is give her "Kimberly" wisdom...but the first thing I want to do is give her wisdom fro up above. For THAT is the only wisdom that could ever make a lasting change!

This next picture I just had to snap this morning! I just started teaching piano lessons, which I can already tell is going to be a blast! Linnea napped so well during the lesson this morning, and the camera (well really, me) couldn't resist snapping this one! Isn't she a doll?

"Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain who build it....Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb [is] a reward. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them...." ~Psalm 127:1a,3,5a~

4 comments:

Michelle P said...

LOVE all the pictures and videos Kim!! She is getting so big, and it's great to see her interacting with you!
I love that first picture especially...her smile is adorable!
Love you guys!

The Johnson Family said...

She is such a cutie! Thank you for posting updated pictures. And good luck with your lessons!

Kristin said...

Oh dear sister...I can't tell you how much that post did my "aunt heart" good...I can't wait for all Linnea's nieces and nephews to get to see her precious pictures and the videos of her! Kimberly, the pictures were absolutely ADORABLE!!!

I will be honest, though, my "aunts heart" felt so sad too...sad that I am not there to see her in person and to hold her and to make her laugh!!!!

I can't wait to spend time with you all!
Love you dearly!!!!

Whitney said...

Oh wow... she's getting so BIG and doing such big-girl things! I'm happy/sad cuz I miss you and her but am so glad she's doing well and bringing you and Aaron so much joy. Can't wait to see you in May!! Israel is fantastic and I LOVE being here. It's hard to believe we're already half-way through! Love you!