Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Wonderful's Birthday

We celebrated Aaron's birthday on Friday, and usually I would have posted a Happy Birthday on the day of, but we had a busy, joyous birthday day, and no time for the computer!

We brought some cookies to choir on Thursday evening to have a little b-day celbration with them. On his birthday morning, we enjoyed breakfast at Egg Plantation, where they serve you a free omelet for your birthday, so we just couldn't pass that up!Then we headed on up to the freeway about an hour to visit our dear friends who just had their first baby two weeks ago. She is adorable, and Aaron said, "Honey, can we have another one? I want another baby to cuddle with me and fall asleep on me, because Linnea won't cuddle with me anymore." Oh dear...I don't know if we should visit newborns anymore ;). It was wonderful to spend time with them, to encourage one another and pray for one another and to celebrate their new little gift from the Lord with them.

His birthday dinner ended up being postponed until the next evening, because we didn't get back into town in time. So we just had some leftovers and then our friends, the Shorts, and their little baby, Jewel, joined us for angel food cake...Aaron's request every year...oh, so difficult! :) I don't have an angel food cake pan, and I don't have 2 loaf pans, so this is what I came up with! Hey, everyone got their own personal angel food cake mini loaf! It actually worked out quite well!

We spent most of the day Saturday just relaxing together, which was such a special gift and if I may say so...much needed. I think life is just simply making us tired, because on Saturday morning, we both fell asleep in the living room while Linnea took her morning nap. Yes, we woke up at 6:30 and went back to sleep at 9:00. It was wonderful! :) We went to New Moon on Saturday evening, which is one of our favorite Asian restaurants. The last time we were there was when my mom took us there for MY birthday...I actually got a little teary eyed...I think I miss my mommy. Linnea sat in a restaurant highchair for the first time, and she had a blast being adored by our waitress and anyone else that passed by!
On another note, but still concerning my husband, is a little "p.s." to my last post in regard to my rings. If there was one thing I could be most thankful for through this whole little trial, it would be my husband's unconditional love for me. He has been the example of Christ to me more clear than ever...and I don't say that lightly. To be honest, I was scared to tell my husband I had searched the whole house and couldn't find my rings anywhere. Because if I put myself in his shoes, knowing how much he paid for them and how special they were to him, I would not have been too happy with my wife for being so irresponsible.

But he has said not a single unkind word through this whole experience...NOT ONE!!! Nothing to tear me down or make me feel worse, nothing to belittle me or remind me of my faults. Not even a "you should have been more careful." No......he gave me a hug and didn't say anything (well, because all those thoughts were running through his head and if he spoke they probably would have all come out, but the point is that he DIDN'T! :)). And the next day when they were still lost he let me cry on his shoulder. And the next day when he saw me in tears looking under the bed for them the 5th time, he gave me a hug and just let me be sad.

But even beyond that, he has helped me fix my eyes on Jesus through this...he has reminded me that they are just earthly possessions and he has unconditionally loved me beyond what I could do myself. He did not give into the temptation to pour out on me the frustration and anger he felt toward me. Why? Because CHRIST is working in my husband. Because my husband has been bought with the blood of Christ and shows evidence after evidence that he truly is a child of the King. He loves the Lord above all else, and wants me to do the same. He wants to love me like Chrsit has loved me and forgive me like Christ has forgiven me.

His gracious love toward me this past week has shown me more of who Christ is.....I have wronged HIM in far worse ways and many more times a day, and yet He loves me the same, has forgiven my trespasses and is growing me day by day. I am so thankful to be adopted into Jesus' family, and SO thankful to have a husband who gives me a daily glimpse of how preciuos Christ's love is. And I say "glimpse", because I don't know if I will ever fully comprehend the vastness of Christ's love for me.

Yes.....God IS good!!!!!!!!
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ. Just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love, He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, accoridng to the kind intention of His will to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the beloved. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His gracewhich He lavished on us. In all wisdom and insight He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him." ~Ephesians 1:3-10~

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday, dear brother in law!
My eyes welled up with tears of joy reading my sister's post...thank you for loving her with Christ's love! Thank you for being an amazing husband to her and for pointing her to Jesus above all.

We truly do celebrate your life and are SO VERY THANKFUL that God saw fit to unite your life to my sisters and, as a result, to have the privelege to call you "brother in law" and "uncle"!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Aaron! Looks like a fun time was had by all, and enjoyed some yummy food. Kimberly, did you look in the car and the car tracks that move the seat forwards and back? I took mine off once in the car and they slipped down in the cracks. I wouldn't have known except I heard it. Ryan ended up having to take out the seat and shake it, and then it fell out. Just a thought!